Cory A. Sherman
153 Brownridge Drive, Thornhill Ontario
Summary: I am a passionate game designer with a broad range of skills and experiences. I have worked on a variety of game projects and am always looking to increase my skills and professional experience. I have created game design documentation and have organized and managed teams to produce quality and thought provoking games.
Software: Unreal Development Kit, Unity, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Audacity, Final Cut Pro, MaxMsp, MS Office
Technical Languages: UDK Kismet/Matinee, Actionscript 3, C Programming.
Project Manager: Manage large and small teams of developers, create project plans and milestones, and ensure deliverables are completed on time.
Design: Create Game Design Documents, Level Design Documents, and Character Sketches; oversee testing, and conduct pitch presentations.
- Debugged the Artificial Intelligence in collaboration with the AI development team for Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Liaised with other development teams and QC members to ensure the game met the highest quality standards requiring keen attention to detail
- Created, verified and resolved bugs using bug tracking software
OFF TRACK STUDIOS 2011-2012
Lead Game Designer/Project Manager
- Currently designing and developing a challenging psychological horror game called Down using UDK
- Generated game documentation including testing plans, GDD and LDDs that explains game ideas and mechanics in detail
- Created a project plan and now overseeing benchmarks and milestones to complete project on time
- Troubleshooting team dynamics to ensure objectives are met
- With three other designers we are managing over one hundred student developers
- I am personally directing a group of thirty varying developers
- Created teams by evaluating skill sets in order to appropriately place the best developers on the correct team
- Organize and delegate tasks to my developers to maximize the use of their skills to complete the game
- Overseeing work in progress and finished work to ensure the game has consistent style and the highest possible quality
- Providing appropriate feedback and expertise to developers to keep morale and quality up
- Using Social Media to promote the game and communicate within the team
- Created Facebook and ModDB pages to gain interest with family and friends as well as the indie gaming community
LITTLE ROOM GAMES 2010-2011
Lead Game Designer and Programmer
- Designed and developed an interactive mystery game using UDK (Flint & Burt: Astrocity Homicide)
- Created level layouts using the UDK editor that allowed players to interact and play within the game world
- Produced characters and story with other designers in group brainstorming sessions that made a fully realized game world
- Organized team members to complete tasks that culminated in creating and finishing the game.
- Employed UDK Kismet to script levels
- Used UDK Matinee to animate in game objects and create cut scenes that gave life to the game world
- Coded player interactions with NPC's and clues in the environment using UDK Kismet which enabled the game story to be told
- Edited Unrealscript to change default UDK settings
- Modified Unrealscript to show custom menus that were displayed at the game start up and allowed players to begin playing
- Programmed Unreal to display tailored loading screens between levels to keep players immersed in the game
SMILEY GUY STUDIOS 2010-2010
QA and Level Design Specialist
- Created media assets for an online flash game beta test for Geofreakz
- Created and edited assets using Adobe Photoshop and imported them into Adobe Flash for gameplay testing purposes
- Reviewed game details and player interaction systems
- Managed economic design for multiplayer games to provide appropriate player rewards
WEMUSTPLAY GAMES 2010-2010
3D Modeler and Texturer
- Created 3D models using Autodesk Maya (Zombie Zoo)
- Modeled low poly props to give environments depth and realism
- Created custom UV maps for anyone to texture models easily
- Textured Autodesk Maya models using Adobe Photoshop
- Produced textures onto UV maps while following consistent style guidelines
- Retextured existing models to fit with the current style guidelines
George Brown College: Currently Enrolled: Post Graduate Certificate in Game Design specializing in Game Design and Game Management.
Brock University: 2007-2011: Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree in Interactive Arts and Science with a Concentration in Computer Game Development. Specialized in Game Design and Game Theory.
- IDGA Toronto
- Brock Game Developers Guild
- George Brown Game Developers Club